Make a difference to someone’s life this Christmas by becoming a supporter of this worthy cause
SOL Results’ Christmas Baskets Project first commenced in 2005, when with the help of generous supporters and sponsors, we produced and delivered 25 Christmas Food Hampers to South Australians who’d been doing it a little tough.
This year our goal is to partner with sponsors and volunteers who will personally deliver 100 Christmas Food Hampers to individual homes around Metropolitan Adelaide.
Our purpose is two-fold:
- To provide a gift of groceries and treats to families in real need; and
- To give sponsors and volunteers the opportunity to not only contribute in a financial sense but also to meet the recipients and show that there are people in our community who care about them.
By sponsoring or volunteering, you can put a smile on someone’s face this Christmas, when they least expect it.
Who are the hampers for?
The hamper recipients are deserving families or individuals chosen by Church and other community organisations.
What’s in the hamper?
Each Christmas Food Hamper contains everyday grocery items plus a few special Christmas goodies and is carefully packed, certified and quality controlled by FoodBank SA.
Cost per Hamper
The cost and sponsor donation for each hamper is $40. All administrative costs are covered by SOL Results and the deliveries are undertaken by SOL Results staff and volunteers.
How you can volunteer
To register as a volunteer simply click here and submit your details.
Requirements for volunteers:
1. You will need to have a car to deliver the boxes with (large cars are great, however small cars are also okay).
2. You will be picking up the baskets from a 1 Northcote Terrace, Medindie and will be provided with a list of addresses for basket delivery.
3. Be available for a minimum of 2 hours sometime during the distribution week 15- 19th December, in the day light hours.
How you can donate
Make a difference to someone’s life this Christmas by donating to this worthy cause!
Tax deductible donations can be made securely online through the Universal Charitable Fund.
The Universal Charitable Fund was founded by local business people in South Australia as a simple and cost effective way to provide practical support and encouragement to local charities doing a terrific job in helping people in need both in SA and overseas.