7:00 am – 8:30 am
Wednesday 7th October, 2015
Jane Woodlands-Thompson – Sports Coach
With a background in Sports Science, Physical Education and Mathematics, Jane Woodlands Thompson has just finished up as General Manager of High Performance with Netball SA and Coach of the most successful team in the ANZ Championship, the Adelaide Thunderbirds.
Jane’s coaching resume includes:
- High Performance (Level 3) Accreditation
- Australian Sports Commission High Performance Coaching Scholarship
- Australian 21 & Under Team Scholarship Coach, and
- Assistant Coach with the Australian Netball Diamonds and Australian Fast5 Flyers.
Jane has previously worked in the fields of:
- Education, Teaching Physical Education and Maths
- University Lecturing in Physical Education
- Resource production for Netball Australia
- Sports Consultancy
- Research and Development in athlete wellbeing
- Developing software for Automated Performance Optimisation systems
She has presented internationally on coach education, is a published author of “The Netball Handbook”, and completed a Masters of Applied Science in 2011.
Jane embraces innovation and continually strives to inject creativity in search of best practice high performance programs. She has recently started up her own small business, Talent Factory Clothing, designing exercise and wellness clothing.
“I was inspired and invigorated after chatting with the energetic attendees at the SOL Results breakfast last Wednesday. It was great to reflect on and share lessons learned during my time in the elite sports coaching spotlight over some ‘Q and A’ with Stan, and terrific to discuss the synergies the listeners found in their own enterprising worlds.”
Stan Kontos is a speaker, coach, entrepreneur and author with a passion for developing human potential.