BY STAN KONTOS
We have all heard I am sure the sayings “Good things come to those who wait” and “Patience is but a virtue”. Well, I’d like to add that good things come only to those who think good and patiently wait. You see, if you patiently wait but always think negatively, worry, or constantly whinge or complain, then good things are unlikely to come to you. However, if you become one of those people who are grateful for the little things, if you notice what is good in your life and work, and you think about the good things you would like in your life, and are prepared to be patient, then you are much more likely to see these good things when they appear in your life. Yes, good things come to those who think good and who patiently wait.
Earl Nightingale one of the early forefathers of personal development once said, along the lines “You become what you think about, most of the time”. Here was an incredibly wise man that spearheaded the personal development movement – that it is important to take good care of your mind and think constructively. God has given us all a mind, if we use it constructively, we create blessings, if we use it destructively, we create problems for ourselves and others.
It is so important that we practice on a daily basis to think well. Here are five simple tips into how you can master your mind and think more positively :
- Listen daily to inspirational music : perhaps whilst driving in your car, listen to music that lifts your spirits and makes you feel great. You will think much better.
- Exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes : I am sure you can find the time to go for a brisk walk or a run or a gym session. There is always a way if we are truly committed. Your mind will love you for it.
- Spend time in nature : It could be your garden, or a park nearby, or walk on the beach. Nature has a habit of changing our thoughts and making us much calmer.
- Have a coffee or a meal : Or simply ring up someone who is positive and uplifting, who we hang around with is who we become like. Hang around with at least one positive person each day.
- Spend 15 minutes or more meditating or praying each day. Learn to connect at a higher level. Learn the inspirational power that comes from meditation and prayer.
We over estimate what we want to achieve in one year but under estimate what we can achieve in a five year period. And where we will be in five years is directly related to how we think on a consistent basis each and every day. Begin today to think positively and watch your life change toward a bright new exciting future.
If you really want to have impact on your mind, come along to The Next Level Retreat and gain more success in your work, better health, more wealth, more happiness, more balance, more fulfillment and more energy in your life. Our 2 day Retreat will be held on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th September, click here to read more about the event.
Live with passion, always stay on your life purpose, and stay at peace.
His areas of passion include:
- Coaching: Business, Executive and Personal
- Mentoring: Leaders, Managers and Management teams
- Therapy for rapid improvements in stress and personal blocks
- Leadership Development
- Life Enhancing Seminar Programs teaching Success Strategies and Personal Empowerment
Stan is an entrepreneur with business interests in various states across Australia.
Stan focuses on continuous and never ending improvement of himself and his teams of partners and associates as well as selfless contribution to others. He is an inspiring and motivating speaker, author, coach, and entrepreneur. He desires to expand people’s lives and to expand his charitable quests.
Best wishes to you as you live a life of passion, purpose and peace as an open minded progressive human being.
Stan is considered to be one’s “ultimate” life and business coach.