83 Words of Inspiration – Principles to Enjoying your Time
Time is one of our most precious commodities. How many times have we heard (from ourselves or from others) “I wish there were more hours in the day” or “Where has the time gone” or “I don’t have the time to do this”. Living in a modern Western society is very different to say living on a remote Greek island, living off the land with little involvement in meetings, social events and keeping up with the multitude of responsibilities we have built around ourselves. How do we learn to live in this modern society yet maintain the inner peace that people have on the remote Greek island? An important question indeed.
There are many time management principles to help restore inner peace, creativity, joy and functionality in one’s life. Ultimately, it all depends on our state of mind. When we are in a good state of mind (a state where we feel relaxed even though we may be busy, a state where we see life unfold with excitement and we are excited for each day) then we will manage our responsibilities with much greater ease and get more enjoyment out of life. The most important foundation to time management is having a good state of mind. How do we achieve this? We need to have a program where we escape this “pressure cooker” called life in the modern Western society (also referred by some as “The Rut”).
Here are 6 key principles that will help you maintain a positive state of mind – one where you remain in peace:
- Develop a sleep hygiene program such that you get a good night’s sleep. Stopping all use of technology and screens for two hours before bed as well as incorporating a pre-sleep process for an hour each evening such as reading a book with a dim light and an oil burner with lavender oil coupled to soft music in the background. Then going to bed within a 15-30min timeframe each night – basically, going to bed the same time each night.
Once you have a system to have a good nights sleep (most nights), you can then add other processes which enhance your state of mind such as:
- Exercise on awakening (in the morning) for 30-45mins – could be a brisk walk , run or a gym session
- Meditation each afternoon for 15-20mins (you can use a Meditation App) – stillness of the mind brings a surge of energy for the rest of the day.
Keeping your energy levels up through exercise and meditation is key to having inner peace.
- Eating healthy nutritious foods – staying away from processed foods and drinks and incorporating a healthy diet does immense good for your mind. You are what you eat. Hippocrates once quoted “Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food” What you ingest does matter so ingest with intelligence.
- Gradually develop an environment of people in your daily life who are positive and inspirational – who you hang around with on a consistent basis determines who you become. Good people bring inner peace whilst the opposite is true for toxic personalities. Choose your peers carefully.
- Develop an inner faith that resonates with you such that when you engage in spiritual prayer you find inner peace. It is important to recognise that we all need to go to a place of inner peace. We are all spiritual beings having a human experience called life.
I hope the above gives you some ideas into how to maintain inner peace as this is the very first step to time management. If you would like to learn more about time management, I will be facilitating a Time Mastery Masterclass on Wednesday 21st July at 7pm. For further information please follow this link.
Remember, live with passion, stay on your life purpose, and always be at peace – you only live one life so live it well.
His areas of passion include:
* Coaching: Business, Executive and Personal
* Mentoring: Leaders, Managers and Management teams
* Therapy for rapid improvements in stress and personal blocks
* Leadership Development
* Life Enhancing Seminar Programs teaching Success Strategies and Personal Empowerment
Stan is an entrepreneur with business interests in various states across Australia.
As South Australia’s foremost authority on “Peak Life Performance” and “Leadership Psychology”, Stan has a passion for the development of Human Potential through the use of Rapid Change Technologies.
Stan is a prolific reader of books and material on self empowerment and has attended numerous programs around the world on personal development, management, marketing, public speaking, and wealth creation. He is a worldwide accredited NLP Trainer (Neurolinguistic Programming).
Stan focuses on continuous and never ending improvement of himself and his teams of partners and associates as well as selfless contribution to others. He is an inspiring and motivating speaker, author, coach, and entrepreneur. He desires to expand people’s lives and to expand his charitable quests.
Best wishes to you as you live a life of passion, purpose and peace as an open minded progressive human being.
Stan is considered to be one’s “ultimate” life and business coach.