BY STAN KONTOS
I often run into people much younger than me (I am 50 years young) and cannot understand why they do not take good care of their body.
We all have only one body to experience life in and it makes good sense to do the best you can to keep it fit, healthy, and looked after. We are so very fortunate to have so many health professionals in our amazing Australian way of life who can assist us to optimise the life experience. Do you have a structured health team? A health team is a group of people that keep you in the best shape you can possibly be.
If we study the Hunza population (located in the Himalaya’s) they live to an average age of 135, fully functional. Men in their 90’s commonly still father children, work full time and keep up with men in their 20’s. Doesn’t this sound amazing? I believe we are unfortunately not sufficiently educated in our present way of live about what our amazing minds and bodies can do. We accept what we are told is the norm – once you reach the age of 80, you are sick and close to the end. This is considered a good result! Well the Hunza’s would be shocked if we told them we thought 80 was a good age when they are living way past 100 with fully functional bodies and minds.
So whilst I am not saying what age we can all live to, I am saying that we can all do our bit to improve the quality of our life. Here is my top 11 of “musts” if you want to improve both quality and hopefully quantity of life:
- Exercise daily for at least 45mins
- Eat organically – keep away as much as you can from GMO foods, pesticides, and anything artificial
- Eat more vegetables and fruit and if you eat meat, eat it sparingly (aim for 1-2 times a week)
- Meditate daily for at least 20 minutes
- Sleep well
- Drink at least 2 litres of water daily
- Develop a positive mindset (some coaching in our Platinum program will assist here)
- Develop a more open heart
- Develop a health team and create a yearly health schedule
- Network with people who are passionate about health as it will rub off onto you
- Know your BMI and other measures of ideal weight and waist circumference and aim to achieve them
- Study and apply the principles of anti-aging medicine if you are over 40 – this will enhance the way you feel and the length of your life.
We all take such great care of our cars – attend to services, change tyres, change batteries, wash them each week (or less regularly for some of us!). So shouldn’t we take even better care of our body? Our body is a vehicle for us to experience life so let’s all aim to maximise this vehicle and enjoy our time on Earth!
I wish you the best of health and happiness.
Why not come along to the Breakfast at the Next Level on Wednesday 3rd August. I, along with SOL Results Master Coach, John Ngatia, will share our secrets to improving your business performance and personal productivity.
Live with passion, purpose and always be at peace.
His areas of passion include:
- Coaching: Business, Executive and Personal
- Mentoring: Leaders, Managers and Management teams
- Therapy for rapid improvements in stress and personal blocks
- Leadership Development
- Life Enhancing Seminar Programs teaching Success Strategies and Personal Empowerment
Stan is an entrepreneur with business interests in various states across Australia.
Stan focuses on continuous and never ending improvement of himself and his teams of partners and associates as well as selfless contribution to others. He is an inspiring and motivating speaker, author, coach, and entrepreneur. He desires to expand people’s lives and to expand his charitable quests.
Stan is considered to be one’s “ultimate” life and business coach.